Pages

Friday, October 15, 2010

A Prayer of Responsibility

"We do indeed create our own reality. What do you want the world your children inherit to look like"?

“Mother Earth, I am so sorry. Please forgive me. I was greedy. I wanted to go from here to there and not pay a price. I wanted to have heat and didn’t want to pay for research that would bring me affordable heat. I thought your resources were never ending. I thought, when the oil is gone, it won’t be my problem. In my lifetime I will not have this lack. And when I die, I will forget it and not care.

Please forgive me. I love you, and I am willing to take responsibility. I am willing to do anything that I can to rectify this problem within myself. I thank you in advance for accepting my apology.”

“If each individual on earth could say this prayer with sincerity, the world would change, would it not. The problem of ecology does not lie with big corporations. The problem is in your own house; a problem in your life, your small life. What if instead of judging, you were to say, “For any part I play in this situation, please forgive me. I’m so sorry because I yearn for harmony as much as I’m sure you do. Thank you.”

It is my hope that you can understand this. Not with your mind, but with your heart. Because in understanding this you cross over into wisdom, compassion, love, and joy and laughter, and the song of the flowers and their sweet smell will touch your heart because there will be no barriers.”

The Huna Prayer for Healing: “I love you. I’m sorry. Please forgive me. Thank you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment